Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On the Road to Recovery

Well, it has been quite a while since i last posted anything on my blog cos my daddy was too busy. I have been grumbling at him for a long time to post pictures and the carnival and stuff up but he seems too busy and always too tired to do that. Anyway, i just got back from the clinic yesterday. Had to stay there for like 3 days before the vet finally stitch me back up. Why? Cos earlier on my daddy and mummy decided to spay me. After spaying like for a week, that is after the K9 day, i was ok, so daddy thought nothing much of it, and since daddy thinks i am ok mummy does so too. Actually, i was quite all right till Wednesday, that is on the 17th. Daddy notice a slight swelling at the incision area and he immediatly brought me to the vet, but they say i was alright. So daddy and mummy brought me home. Then the nightmare started. I felt very itchy and begin to lick on the wound. If i am not mistaken, Casper did help me on the licking as well. Anyway, continue the story. By night time a small hole appeared at the incision area and both mummy and daddy panicked. The next morning the moment the woke up, they sent me to the vet. The vet again says i am alright when i am actually not feeling very well then. They asked my dad to buy the cone collar which i hated so much to avoid me from licking the wound and he really bought it. The moment dad got on the car, he put it on for me. It was fairly and easy job for him as i was quite nice at that moment cos i know he is very worried about me. So the next day, the 19th which is Friday, daddy woke up to a fright, my wound was infected. The incision site was swollen and when he wash the wound for me, there was puss coming out. Panicking, he sent me to the vet, and only then did they say my wound was infected. But the vet only gave him some antibiotics for me to have. After bringing me home, daddy was quite worried about what to do with me as he was supposed to go to Melaka to look for a new house. So by 2.30pm, when he checked at my wound, a 2nd hole had appeared. Then i was put at the clinic for boarding and waiting to be sew back while my dad went to Melaka. All this time while i was in the clinic, i missed them so much, that i wail and yelp and bark all i could. On Saturday, when daddy came to see me, he told me that i am not able to go home, i made hell of a noise there but he just stuck me back into the cage. The same thing happened on Sunday, and i was so disappointed that i was not able to go home to him. But luckily, yesterday, the vet sew me back up and i am allowed to be discharge. So here i am, back at home happily lying in my favourite spot. All this while, while my daddy and mummy was all panicky, i am calm and cool. I just don't get it why human fuss over a small wound like that. hehe...

4 comments:

Boo Casanova said...

oh crumbs, that's bad! u know, if ur hooman suspect something is wrong with you but the vet said otherwise, i really think your hooman should get a 2nd opinion. swelling is not good but when the vet said ok, the vet obviously is not responsible enough.

where are you staying? mom brought me to this vet in PJ (even though we live in KL) somewhere around damansara jaya. mom seems to like the vet even though it is rather far from my house.

i hope nothing serious now.

wet wet licks

Boo

Amber said...

Hello! I just got spayed too just before christmas. I wore the cone collar for the whole week. I got a bigger appetite too, and my mommy felt that I became fatter after i spayed. But I completly recovered after the first week and the vet removed my stitches.I think the cone collar is really useful, the vet said can get infection or bite the stitches without the cone collar. My mommy will panick too if something is wrong with my wound.They really love us very much XD! Is good to hear that you are becoming healthy and happy again ^^ . That's what our owners want , for us to be happy and healthy!!

Luv Amber!!

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Glad to hear you are back home. Your dad should bite that vet!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

crumbs said...

thanks for all your concern guys n gals. Yeah i am better already, but jz hate that cone collar lar. I cant see left and right and i cant even judge when i should stop when i am near the gate. Anyway, lucky thing my dad is good at talking and he manage to make the vet only make him pay 50 bucks for the restitching. So guess he is happy about all that lar. And as long as i am fine he is cool with it.